ALDERLEY EDGE          BOLTON          BRAMHALL          BURY          BUXTON          CHEADLE          CHEADLE HULME          EDGELEY          HAZEL GROVE          HIGH PEAK        MACCLESFIELD          MANCHESTER          MARPLE          POYNTON          SALE          SALFORD          STOCKPORT          TAMESIDE          TRAFFORD          WILMSLOW

Areas Covered

JMO surveyors have gained vast levels of experience in the EPC field having undertaken residential energy performance certificates since there formation in 2007 being heavily involved in the government pilot scheme. Since then we have completed thousands of EPC's for both private clients together with portfolios and high volume surveys for councils and housing associations on mass scales.

For more information, a quote or to book an EPC please do not hesitate to Contact us today.


Buildings that do not require an EPC are typically as follows: -

Places of worship, Temporary buildings with a use of less than 2 years, Stand alone buildings with total useful floor area of less than 50m2, Some buildings due to be demolished, Holiday accommodation that is rented out for less than 4 months a year.

Non Domestic EPC's

Buildings are responsible for almost 40% of the UK's energy consumption and carbon emissions. And Non domestic and commercial properties are bound by the same EPC regulations as residential properties.

An EPC is required whenever a property is built, sold or rented, where the building is defined as “a roofed construction having walls, for which energy is used to condition the indoor climate, and a reference to a building includes a reference to part of a building which has been designed or altered to be used separately”.

Do I need an EPC?

An EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) is required whenever a property is built, sold or rented.  An EPC must be ordered prior to marketing a property for sale or rent and is valid for 10 years.

An EPC contains information about a properties energy use and typical energy costs, together with recommendations about how to reduce energy  and save money. It gives a rating between A (most efficient) and G (least efficient).

Energy Performance Certificates

JMO Surveyors Ltd  provides both residential and non domestic energy performance certificates (EPC's) across the region including Alderley Edge, Bolton, Bramhall, Bury, Buxton, Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme, Edgeley, Hazel Grove, High Peak, Macclesfield, Manchester, Marple, Poynton, Sale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wilmslow. Together with nationwide coverage for housing associations, portfolios and councils.